Add Extra Roof Protection
If you’re looking for a way to add extra protection to your commercial roofing materials the answer is with roof coatings. A roof coating will add protection to the roof to prevent ponding water, leaks, sun damage, and more. There are many types of roof coatings and depending on your roof’s materials different ones will be recommended. Speak to a professional roofer today to see what options will work best for your property. We’re here to help with your roof installation, repair, and replacement at any time.
Olde South Contractors provides assistance with applying a commercial roof coating in Dublin, Georgia. We’re here to answer any of your questions at any time as your commercial roof contractor. Call us at 478-251-2037 to get started.
- Flat Roof Coating Have your flat roof protected from the elements.
- Metal Roof Coating Prevent rust and corrosion with a metal roof coating.
- Rubber Roof Coating Protect your roof from rain and outside influences.
Roof Coating Application
Commercial roof coatings are used to add a protective film across the entirety of the roof. This differs from a roof sealant which creates a watertight seal along the roof’s edges and around vent pipes, air vents, and screw heads. The purpose of a roof coating in turn can act as a restorative function. It will fill in any visible cracks and create a smooth surface that is watertight to prevent leaks. A roof coating also goes further in that it will add UV protection from the sun which is known to prematurely age roofs. It will reflect light away from the surface of the roof which in turn cools the building and stabilizes HVAC temperatures. This in turn can be very beneficial for lowering energy costs and creating energy efficiency for your heating and cooling systems. Roof coatings will also be able to improve fire resistance, prevent ponding water, and protect from chemical spills. All of these abilities will differ depending on the type of roof coating you apply, some may have these abilities while others may not. That’s why it’s important to know about the different types of roof coating out there to see which ones would work best with your roof. Additionally, certain ones may be more recommended based on your roof substrate and regional weather conditions.
Types of Roof Coatings
The most common types of roof coatings are considered to be asphalt, acrylic, polyurethane, and silicone. Each one will have its own strengths and abilities, here is a basic breakdown of what each one can do.
- Asphalt roof coatings can be cold-applied by brush or sprayed in a solvent system. It’s considered to be a penetrating type of protective coating that’s made to create a durable and weather-resistant layer. With the solvent system, you’ll be able to have the roof work at lower temperatures over asphalt emulsions. This coating also won’t wash off if unexpected rain comes around.
- Acrylic roof coatings are liquid with elastomeric properties and are applied as one or more coats. It’s mainly comprised of acrylic polymers which are usually white.
- Polyurethane roof coating systems create a very durable and flexible monolithic membrane layer. It can withstand thermal movement very well, i.e. the daily expansion and contraction of roof structures from temperature changes. It is also effective in preventing ponding water.
- Silicone roof coatings are a single layer that can be applied in one or two coats of silicone rolled or sprayed as a liquid in order to fill in any blisters, cracks, and seams. Keep in mind that this material won’t necessarily improve the insulation or underlying system.
What is the Vest Roof Waterproofing?
Typically polyurethane is considered one of the best in waterproofing abilities. It is able to be applied with seamless results and will penetrate the surface of the roof substrate deeply and evenly. This material is heralded as it can fill in the finest cracks in concrete and will reduce the water absorbency capacity as well. Expect to get rid of the threat of leaks and ponding water with this material.
If you’d like to get started with a commercial roof coating in Dublin, Georgia, get in touch with our team of professional roofers today. We’ll be happy to help.
Contact Our Team of Roofers
Olde South Contractors is an experienced commercial roofer with over 35 years under their belt. Expect to have an evenly applied commercial roof coating in Dublin, Georgia. Call us at 478-251-2037 to get started.