Traditional Metal Roofs
The traditional metal roofing consists of metal panels that are attached to the structure with exposed fasteners through the face of the metal and directly into the roof deck or framing below. The panel edges lap one another, and the fastener goes through both layers of metal. It’s called “exposed fastener” because the head of the fastener is visible and not hidden by a seam. An exposed fastener system is typically considered the economical choice of metal roofing and is classically used on residential, structural, industrial, and agricultural buildings.
- Less expensive – One of the most significant benefits to choosing exposed fastener metal roofing is that it’s less expensive, especially when compared to standing seam systems. There are many reasons for the lower price, including:
- Wider panels (up to 36”)
- Fewer metal panels need to be purchased.
- Less labor is needed because the wider panels cover the roof faster.
- Thinner gauge panels
- Exposed fastener systems generally use 29 to 26 gauge metal, which is thinner and cheaper
- Less accessories to purchase
- Exposed fastener systems are directly fastened down to the structure through the metal, so there’s not a necessity to buy any kinds of clips. This can save on costs for the buyer.
- Exposed fastener systems usually use less accessories and different flashing products, like foam closures, to install the roof system. Again, this cuts down on costs and speeds up the installation.
- Quicker installation
- Wider panels (up to 36”)
- Available for a variety of roof panel options
Exposed Fastener Metal Roofs
Residential Roofing Gallery
Service Area: Middle Georgia and East Georgia
Olde South Contractors is proud to serve customers across Central and Middle Georgia. We service the following areas: Dublin, East Dublin, Wrightsville, Milledgeville, Sparta, Irwinton, Dudley, Rentz, Brewton, Dexter, Cadwell, Norristown, Soperton, Swainsboro, Ivey, Gordon, Gray, Sandersville.
Call one of our staff today to find out if we service your area. 478-251-2037
Very pleased with the work that was done by Olde South Contractors. Customer service was 100%, any questions we had were answered and we were left knowing that we were going to have a quality job done. We are very pleased with our new roof, they worked efficiently and we had a roof on our trailer in less then a day. Highly recommend, two thumbs up!
Austin and his guys put a new metal roof on my 3 story house. They were very prompt, did really detailed work, and did a great job of explaining what all they were doing and why. I highly recommend them!
An awesome group of Christian men who were kind, courteous, and very professional at all times. Their work is outstanding and the materials they use are of high quality. My new roof survived Hurricane Michael when its wrath hit my home. That was proof enough for me that my new roof was not only built solid, but was also protected from potential water leaks. I highly recommend Olde South Contractors! Thank you again to the guys at Olde South Contractors.
Highly recommend Olde South Contractors. Great job and done timely. Courteous and professional. Highly satisfied customer.